Medco and Express-Scripts.com = Pure Evil

72 of 211 Medco Reviews
May 27, 2012
review #321058

I believe Medco is guilty of criminal harassment of sick patients into buying drugs they don't need.I am an ill fibromyalgia patient struggling to stay employed.

I would be living a peaceful life, working full time, but I am being mercilessly phone harassed by two pharmacies. One is a shady overseas Indian outfit with a spoofed number I know I can do nothing about. But worse than the calls from the Indian pharmacies are the incessant, impolite calls I get from my own pharmacy supplier insisting that I buy excessive amounts of drugs through their mail order program. They threaten not to fill my drugs at all.

Drugs I use for extremely bad pain. This is extortion and it is stressful and it actually makes me sicker. Their last call to me was at 5:45 a.m. on Memorial Day weekend.

I'm sure there's lots of doctors working this weekend, what a great time to call! This is AFTER I complained to them twice that their calls were making me sick and interfering with my ADA prescribed afternoon nap that keeps me employed. Medco calls me MORE than the Indian pharmacy and at less convenient times.

I work out of my home and they are interfering with the operation of my work phone on a job I am desperate to hold onto.I am handicapped and Medco is making me sicker with their marketing policies.

9632c99
Had an experience with Medco?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
ericreh

Jul 24

My wife has been on Lyrica for several years. Recently she sent in a script for 90 days worth, the company sent a email that it was received on June 10 and being processed. Several weeks later she called and was told the script had expired and a new one was needed, the Dr office sent a new one. It is now July 24 and she still doesn't have the meds. She's called several times and was promised delivery on July 10, then July 15, the July 18, then July 24. The latest call to them resulted in being told they didn't have a script for the med. She had her Dr send a new script yesterday, and was told the ES-Medco would override for a 2 week perscription ( which was already done once) we'll see what happens. This med is over $300 for 2 weeks. Do the people that answer phones even know what they're doing? She spoke to a supervisor who said the med would be placed on monitor and she would be called about it. We got one call from the monitor, who never mentioned that they had no script. Please at least be honest and know whats going on, and communicate with your customers.

Jan 02

I have to deal with this dreaded company!!! THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH BY FAR!!! EVERY TIME I NEED A REFILL IT IS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!!!! IT NEVER GOES THRU, THERE IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM,AND THEN WHEN I CALL THEM IT IS LIKE TALKING TO A BUNCH OF INEPT FIRST GRADERS WHO DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE *** THEY ARE DOING. THIS TIME I'M ON THE PHONE FOR 30 MINUTES TRYING TO REFILL ORENCIA!THIS SHOULD TAKE 3 MINUTES!! WHEN I DEALT WITH CAREMARK IT WAS A BREEZE!! I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO PAY TRIPLE..IM GOING TO RITEAID!!IM LITERALLY IN TEARS EVERYTIME I DEAL WITH THEM!!!!

JLC

Aug 04, 2013

Express-Scripts is the prescription insurance that my employer has chosen. So, I have to deal with them whether I want to or not. According to our health plan, we are supposed to have the option of home delivery or buying from a participation pharmacy. Each year I have to go on-line and tell them again that I do not want to buy my prescriptions through their home delivery service. This year, they have disabled the option to choose a retail pharmacy, trying to force me to buy my prescriptions from them. I have already had to pay full price for one prescription because they refused to continue coverage if I don't agree to buy from them. It is a big conflict of interest for the insurance provider to also be the pharmacy.

Did it to me too

Jun 01, 2013 Allendale, Michigan

I tried to fill a prescription with Medco/express scripts only to be told they were out and not ordering any more. HUH? So I needed to set up a doctors appointment to change my meds, yes I had to pay for the appointment. Now 3-weeks later I received my prescription from Medco/express scripts only to find out it costs more to get through them then locally. So I had to pay for my doctors appointment and pay more for meds any savings I would have gain through Medco has been lost.

Plus if I go to my local pharmacy I can understand the language the pharmacist is speaking and it is not some under paid customer sales representative but truly a pharmacist. :(

Anna

May 28, 2013 Cambridge, Massachusetts

Horrible experience here as well. I was using them for a few months, and all of a sudden, they sent me a different medication with no explanation! I called, spent a long time on the phone. They first told me they don't have it in stock (mind you, it is a very cheap and widely available medication), but then apologized and said that they are sending the right one right away with expedite mail. I have been waiting for a week, nothing. I called today, and of course, there is no log of any of it - they said again the medication was not available until January 2014! No one bothered to call and let me know. I am now three weeks overdue on my medication, finally going to a regular pharmacy.

Mar 27, 2013

Everytime I have to deal with this company its like deailing witht he freaking 3 stooges.
1. Their system supposedly cant hold more than 1 persons information like credit card, phone number, email address, etc. at a time, yet oddly they still seem to have the information on file "somewhere."
2. I get the same meds from the same doctors every 3 months, no variations what so ever. For every prescription i get at least 2 letters in the mail, sometimes more. at least 2 phone calls at my home phone, where I am not at, and my wife gets texts messages to her phone wanting for me to verifiy the shipping address before they will send anything out. This is for EVERY prescription refill request for the last 3 years.
3. Whenever one of my doctors is notified to refill some meds by Medco amazingly only one of the medications is ever aprroved and I have to call my doctors office every single time and ask them to approve the meds. A lot of time all of this screwing around on Medco's part ends up resulting in me running out of a medication nefore I get my refill. I can request fast shipping online either because its a refill.
I HATE dealing with these people.

nakina

Dec 14, 2012

WORST COMPANY ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. I will pay full price, thank you. Due to their incompetence and lack of any communication whatsoever, I have lost a three year approved script on a controlled substance I need to function ( I had a stroke, this medication makes it where I can work) - by law the doctor cannot issue another one. Thank you Medco/Express Scripts - you SUCK. It will cost me hundreds to get this straightened out...and I NEVER received not ONE perscription from you. Fabulous. :(

Jessica

Dec 02, 2012

You can just opt out of automated calls if you ask. Although like most people I am sure you will spean out of both sides of your mouth, harrassing the representative for calling you but remaining opted in to the calls because you need to be reminded to order your medication

tlupejkis

Jan 30, 2013 Buffalo, New York

We aren't children, we don't have to be reminded of any such thing. If I ever feel I need to be reminded, I will opt in. I shouldn't have to opt out.

Mike

May 01, 2013 Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Jessica

Are you completely out of your mind? This is the most inept company I have ever dealt with.

Bruce Higgins

Oct 16, 2012

*** Medco and their ***, negative and bulldog *** working conditions!

May 29, 2012

I don't fake anything. I work with multiple time zones and my naps are ADA prescribed and employer approved. I work with England and Tokyo in the same day -- hence, naps. Ergo, I don't want salespeople calling me when I desperately need my sleep, especially when I tell them to knock it off. And despite my weird schedule, I'm usually not up at 5:30 a.m. to take calls about drugs. You like drugs, maybe I can give you their number so they can call you instead. You can keep whatever you manage to score.

The Bitter Truth

May 28, 2012

"Someone who spends apparently quite a bit of time posting snarky replies..."
That's me. It helps if you don't write a novella every time. It's what I do when I'm supposed to be working. You nap, I snark. Que sera, sera.

"Are you sure you don't need your own advice?"
I do, I do. Got any spares you can send me? Sounds like you've got good stuff.

"What brings you here other than opportunities to post your not very witty troll posts on a site for upset consumers?"

Nothing. Maybe score some good drugs. Hint, hint.

"Talk about needing a life."
No, just drugs. Please see reply immediately above.

And that crack about non witty troll posts cut me to the quick. Look for my posts tonight on diapers at Taco Bell and Tide crystals. I thought they were plenty d*a*mn funny. Maybe it's just the drugs.

May 28, 2012

And you The Bitter Truth? Someone who spends apparently quite a bit of time posting snarky replies on posts by disabled people suggesting they need more drugs. Are you sure you don't need your own advice? I have a consumer complaint about phone harassment. What brings you here other than opportunities to post your not very witty troll posts on a site for upset consumers? Talk about needing a life.

AtWitsEnd

Jul 02

MOST likely, I imagine that Bitter Truth and the likes are PAID TROLLS. Seriously. There is so much profit in yanking around sick people, and selling them fake and/or substandard medications that they can even pay people to try to squash the free speech of those being harmed. Not so sure? Search "Paid Corporate Online Trolls". Wow. Selling souls.

The Bitter Truth

May 28, 2012

Who is this, Li'l Abner? His job was mattress tester. I think you need a lot more drugs, preferably psychotropics.

PissedinHollywood

May 27, 2012

Anyone else similarly bothered should submit complaints at the FTC, FDA, Better Business Bureau, state pharmacy boards, and possibly the police and FBI. This is criminal phone harassment and it causes real damage.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Medco.
Filing a new complaint about
×